In this latest video episode of the iGoldrush Report, Morgan Linton shows you how to get a great looking website in a few simple clicks without needing to know servers or have any development background. Learn how to install WordPress for free and take the first step in developing your domain names into brands. Over the next 10+ minutes, you will learn how to install WordPress, navigate the dashboard, enhance your new site’s look with themes, and protect & expand your site’s features with plugins, and add articles. The entire process can happen within an hour or two without writing a single line of code!
In this video, you will learn how to:
- Install WordPress – The easiest way to install WordPress is with a hosting provider, such as DomainIt  or HostGator , that provide cpanel with Fantastico. Using Fantastico, you simply choose where to install and your admin password, then click install and you’re ready to go!
- Change the WordPress Theme – WordPress themes allow you to change the entire look of your website in seconds. To change your theme, you go to the ‘Appearance’ section on the left sidebar. Simply choose your theme and install! If you’re looking for fully customizable themes, we recommend Woo Themes  and Elegant Themes . You can also browse WordPress for free themes  to use.
- Use WordPress Widgets – Widgets allow you to add things to your website, such as affiliates ads (CJ , ShareASale , or Google AdSense ). Most WordPress themes have sidebars where your widgets appear and you can access these by going to “Appearance”, then “Widgets” in the left sidebar. To easily add an ad to your site, for example, drag and drop a text box to your sidebar and insert your ad code there! This makes is easy to monetize your new websites
- Use WordPress Plugins – Plugins are a great way to customize and add features to your website. It’s easy to find and install plugins directly within the WordPress dashboard. You simply go to “Plugins” on the left, select “Add New”, then search for the plugin. The basic plugins that we recommend are:
Akismet – this free plugin that comes with WordPress simply needs to be activated. Once activated, Akismet puts an end to comment spam, which can really grow as your site traffic grows.
All In One SEO Pack – this is a great plugin that allows you to do some great seo customizations to your site, particularly with your meta tags.
Bad Behavior – this plugin denies spam bots that try to access your site
Secure WordPress – this plugin performs basic security checks on your WordPress installation
WP Security Scanner – this plugin lets you perform scans of your installation to make sure everything is secure
- Add Articles to Your New Site – Now that you’re site is up and running, it’s time to add articles! To do this, simply go to “Posts” in the left sidebar and click “Add new”, then type in your title, article, text, and so on. When you’re finished, simply click “Publish”. Be sure to write your own high quality content though rather than copying from others, or hire someone to write articles for you.
We hope that you enjoyed this episode of The iGoldrush Report! Be sure to visit The iGoldrush Report YouTube Channel  and click SUBSCRIBE to be notified of future videos and comment below with any questions you may have!.
Now that you’ve learned how to install wordpress, check out Episode #3: Researching Market Trends to Make Money from Your Domains . If you missed Episode #1, watch now for the basics on Developing Domains into Brands .
About Morgan: Morgan Linton  is a popular blogger, domain investor, developer and all around entrepreneur. Morgan brings his expertise to iGoldRush visitors in an exclusive monthly video series that focuses on developing domains into online brands in order to increase profitability.