DNforum.com is one of the most popular domain name forums on the Internet, and welcomes both newbies and domain industry experts alike. It currently boasts over 68,000 members with more than 1,000,000 posts. Perhaps one of the big reasons the forum is so successful is that the moderators and admins take an active part in the discussions.
Founded in 2001, the forum has grown leaps and bounds. While a big chunk of the forum is open for free, there are exclusive sections available only to paying members. Membership is available at varying levels.
We were able to reach Huseyin Sami (VP of Business Development at DNForum) and ask him a few questions about the site. His answers below showed a clear professional attitude with a touch of humor. With such people behind the scenes, it’s no wonder the board is successful.
- iGoldrush: How many members do you have?
- Huseyin Sami: Total members can be found in our footer.
Currently: Members: Total 58,656.
We add nearly 100 new members per day.
- iGoldrush: How many average posts do you get per day?
- Huseyin Sami: The forum generally averages about 50,000 posts per month.
Averages out to about 1500-2000 posts per day.
- iGoldrush: How long has your forum been running?
- Huseyin Sami: Site Startup Date: December 23, 2001
Site Age: 6 years, 222 days, 10 hours, 44 minutes and 7 seconds There have been 56,201,811,021 visitors to this page.
- iGoldrush: If you had to attribute your forum’s success to one thing, what would it be?
- Huseyin Sami: Being heavily involved in the community and making sure information is shared so others can grow, understand and appreciate the industry as we did.
The forum is surrounded by a knowledgeable and professional community of members. The members are extremely valuable and have helped the forum become very successful. Without our members contributing the forum cannot grow.
- iGoldrush: How many moderators do you have?
- Huseyin Sami: We have a total of 5 moderators and 2 admins on the forum that helps keep the forum running smoothly.
- iGoldrush: Do you have a section for domainers to list their sales?
- Huseyin Sami: We have a variety of sections on our forum that allow domainers to post their domains for sale.
You can find many of these sections under our Platinum forum area. We try to make it as organized as possible for domainers to submit their domains forsale and have added exposure.
Some domain forsale sections include:
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) – Offers Wanted Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) – Fixed Prices Above $100 Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) – Fixed Prices $100 and Under Domains with Traffic (Traffic Domains) Domains for sale (ccTLD and sTLD Domain Sales)
- iGoldrush: What makes your forum stand out from other forums?
- Huseyin Sami: Our forum is a professional domain name forum where we try to limit it to domainers who are serious about the industry. We work on a paid membership level system to help keep the forum as professional as possible and filter out users who are only signing up to post spam and cause trouble.