preload preload

Domain Guide
iGoldrush Report
Domain Showcase
Domain Brokerage
News & Articles
Company Reviews
Company Info
Archive News 2011  June

iGoldrush is your source for the most current domain industry news and information. Read the most current domain news below, then visit our news archive for domain news from years past. In addition to domain name news, you’ll find domain articles, information, and interviews with top industry insiders.

We’re looking for writers! Contact us to submit your article or editorial for review.


Click here for Domain News Archive


Handpicked Expired Domains

Welcome to the third edition of the new DotSauce Domain Club handpicked expired domains sample. These domains were originally offered two months ago, in April, to Domain Club Pro members. Many domains from the original list have been claimed by members, but I would like to share some of the remaining domain names with the [...] Continue reading

Domain Consultant

ICANN and The Fed Should Go Bowling

If the past is prologue, then it doesn’t take a history major to see where the ICANN gTLDs might wander, as evidenced by a closer look at the US Federal Reserve. For since the US abandoned the gold standard, it has become our nasty habit to simply print more greenbacks when we think we need [...] Continue reading

Zynga next Social Company to File IPO I'm seeing news out today that Zynga is the next online company in the social space with plans to come out with an IPO. Zynga has been in domaining news off and on for the past year or two because they have bought some of their game domains in the aftermarket, for prices [...] Continue reading

Teen Domainer

Google Updates PageRank For the First Time in 6 Months

I was just reading on SEO Roundtable that for the first time in 6 months Google updated their page rank numbers. Google says they have been phasing out how much they use pagerank in their algorithm, but I think that the system still is very valuable. If you name has any page rank that Google's way [...] Continue reading

Domain Consultant Goes Live!

We’re proud to announce the BETA launch of our newest development, In short, HBS is officially licensed to create and offer custom versions of the birthday song known the planet over, “Happy Birthday To You”. Users can send the song via text or email or both and can include a personal message with it. [...] Continue reading

Dominik Mueller

Markets await Greek Vote on Austerity Plan

As Greek unions continue their 48-hour general strike before the vote by lawmakers on the proposed five-year austerity plan on Wednesday, markets have been slightly optimistic today. Given that European stock indices are up today (with banking stocks particularly strong), Greek 10yr bond yields are at a three-week low and CDS spreads have tightened, it [...] Continue reading

DN Underground

Twitter: The Ultimate Lead Machine

Twitter has never been my best friend. Until recently. When Twitter originally became popular several years ago, I took it for a hype. A few weeks ago, I began my internship at a social media marketing firm downtown. I now spend 95% of my workday on Twitter and the other 5% slacking off. The [...] Continue reading

We're looking for writers!

Got something to say? Our readers are eager to hear it! iGoldrush strives to provide content diverse in opinion and outlook and we are currently seeking informative and engaging writers within the domain industry to contribute. In exchange, you'll get exposure on one of the most targeted websites in the industry. Contact us to submit your article or editorial for review.

Join Our Newsletter

iGoldrush domain news feed  iGoldrush on Twitter  iGoldrush on Facebook  iGoldrush on Facebook

    Have you ever leased a domain name?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...
    View All Polls

Web Analytics